Sales Associate (Wheeling, IL)
ACGT has available a fulltime sales associate position at our Wheeling, Illinois headquarters. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an enthusiasm for face-to-face calls with existing and prospective customers for our DNA sequencing service. The position requires approximately 10 to 15 sales trips each year to visit customers in the Midwest and east coast territories. Individual travel is required for most trips, however select customers may require a two-member team (a sales rep plus laboratory technician). Most trips require a 2 to 3 night hotel stay, however one-week hotel stay(s) may be required in east coast trips. The majority of travel is to either university campuses or government campuses (e.g. the National Institute of Health) to meet with existing and/or new customers engaged in research science.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit current and prospective customers at either university campuses or government agencies to introduce and sell DNA sequencing services. Approximately 10 to 15 trips per year
- Trip debriefing or meeting to go over customer list and trip report with DNA sequencing service manager.
- Research to identify potential schools or universities which may need DNA sequencing services.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in life sciences, but not required.
- Detail-oriented and team player.
- 1 year of previous sales experience, preferred.
Training in our service, workflow and operations will be provided at ACGT headquarters in Wheeling, Illinois. Approximately three days to one week.
Please send cover letter and resume via email to the attention of David Cook, H.R. Manager at email@example.com. This position is fulltime and salaried with excellent benefits including medical and dental plan and 401(k) plan eligibility.